Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The products Nurture Your Roots sells is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Aromatherapy is the art and science of using naturally extracted aromatic essences from plants for medicinal use to promote holistic wellness.
Phytotherapy or herbal medicine, is the study of botany and use of plants intended for medicinal purposes or for supplementing a diet.
Last we use Homeopathy,supporting the body by
This holistic combination results in products that balance our bodies and work from within to support proper healthy functions.
The more you use our products the more you’ll notice a happier and healthier you.
Is everything that you make really natural?
Yes! We use the finest natural ingredients we can find. This includes herbs, butters, clay, sea salts, and natural oils.
Are your products Vegan?
Our line is 100% Vegan with No animal testing whatsoever. We do not purchase from suppliers who are unable to prove that they are also cruelty- free. We love animals, and it is very important for us to stay cruelty-free.
Where do you source your materials from?
The majority of our ingredients are sourced from within the United States. We do research to make sure our ethics align with those we source from.
What is the shelf life of your products?
Since our products are truly all-natural and we do not use any unnatural preservatives at all, our products do have a shelf life, typically 12-24 months. If our products are kept out of direct sunlight and at room temperature or below, they will stay fresher longer. We also use Vitamin E in some of our products to extend the natural shelf life and keep the oils in their freshest and most potent form. In the rare case that you purchase one of our products and find that it is not at its freshest point, please email us so we can handle this on a case-by-case basis. See our Contact page for email addresses.
When is the best time to apply the facial oil? Can I wear makeup over facial oil?
We recommend applying our facial oils after cleansing and toning, morning and night. They are meant to take the place of a cream moisturizer and you should not need another moisturizer if you use the correct amount of facial oil. Your face does not need to be completely dry to apply facial oil, in fact, it is helpful and increases fast absorption and spreadability if your face is slightly damp.
You can wear makeup over facial oil. Let your skin absorb the oils for 3–5 minutes before applying makeup since the oil does need time to sink in. If your skin feels oily after this, you are using too much facial oil. If your skin feels dry and you want more moisture, you are probably not using enough facial oil. The oil should absorb in fully and not leave any greasy/oily feeling at all. Your skin will feel hydrated and soft/smooth after applying the correct amount. Most people need 3–5 drops — please adjust accordingly to your skin’s individual needs.
What amount of the bath salts or bath soaks do I put into my bath water?
We suggest using ¼ of the bottle of salts, and ⅙ to ⅛ of the bottle of soaks per bath. The bath salts are intended to last for approximately 4–5 baths. Our soaks are intended to last for approximately 5–8 baths. Also, there is no harm in adding more or less, it’s really personal preference.
Do your products contain any nut oils/butters?
Yes, some of our products contain Coco Butter, Shea Butter, and Sweet Almond Oil. We recommend consulting your doctor first if you have a nut allergy.
Your shipping rates seem high, why is that?
Our products are enclosed in all glass vessels, and are quite heavy. We take every measure to safely package our ingredients to your doorstop to ensure safe arrival and hence shipping may be slightly higher than one might expect.
How soon can I expect my order?
After an order is placed, please allow up to one week for your order to ship. We handcraft each item we send out. This includes creating, bottling, labeling, and shipping. Handcrafted items do take a little longer to produce than mass-produced items. Many of our items are made so they are at the peak of freshness when you receive them. Please let us know if you need an item by a certain date and we will always do our best to accommodate your needs.
For U.S. Orders: After shipping, please allow another week for your order to arrive.
Are your products made in the U.S.?
Yes, all of our products are made in Austin, Texas.
Can you recommend any natural makeup brands?
- Aromatic products and essential oils should be applied with caution. In most cases, essential oils need to be diluted significantly and to be of low concentration (generally 1%) for children, the elderly, and those with sensitive skin and systems. Some essential oils are counter-indicated in certain conditions (e.g., during pregnancy or in individuals with low or high blood pressure). It is important to become familiar with these counter-indications before using essentials oils or products containing them.
- Most inhalers you just sniff or inhale normally whenever you like. You don’t need to place the inhaler itself in your noise. You can hold it just under your nostrils. There are some difference across blends so read the package contents sheet for additional information on your inhaler blends. Block one nostril and draw the scent in deeply down into your lungs three times and repeat with the other nostril. Do this several times in the morning, afternoon and evening. Do it a lot. This will be more effective.
- Roll Ons should be shaken before each us. Essential oils are volatile and will evaporate from the surface of the applicator reducing the intensity of the scent. Just roll the ball against your skin or a tissue to draw more roll on to the surface and refresh the scent.
- Carrier oil such as nut oils (almond, walnut, or similar oils) should be avoided by those with nut allergies. These carriers are used in some of our skin products because they have many excellent properties, and those without allergies benefit from their use. All ingredients are noted on our products. In most cases, we can make substitutions upon request.
- Nurture Your Roots uses natural products. Natural products in liquid or semi-liquid form need to be shaken or stirred prior to use, because natural ingredients tend to separate when a product is left standing and undisturbed.
- Note the shelf life listed in the product description section of our website.
- Read all labels and instructions, and use products only as recommended and in accordance with the instructions on the label and/or accompanying the product.
- Do not swallow or ingest, keep eyes shut while spraying or applying products near the eyes, and use only products explicitly designed for the face on the face.
- Do not directly spray on or apply products to fabrics, as some products can cause staining or damage.
- Do not use products on children and pregnant women without consulting a physician or qualified aromatherapist before using.
- Do not use aromatic or aromatherapy products on animals without consulting a veterinarian or qualified aromatherapist before using. Animals can react to essential oils and aromatic products very differently than humans. In fact, essential oils can be hazardous to cats.
- Consult a qualified aromatherapist if there is in doubt about the safe and proper use of specific essential oils, carriers or other ingredients or recommended dilution and/or application.
Unfortunately, just because a product is labeled as “aromatherapy” does not mean it is therapeutic or all natural; nor is a product labeled “organic” necessarily therapeutic. Ingredients come from all over the world, and there is no single standard or certifying agency to ensure their quality. For this reason, it is important to know your source of aromatic products. Nurture Your Roots handcrafts and customizes products using, to the greatest extent possible, only natural, whole, unadulterated ingredients of the best quality available.